-----


- Check the Treasure Chest to find cover/tracklist/informations about rare Dan Sartain Records such as Romance in Stereo as well as free tracks.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mispressing

When I put this On The Dancefloor 7" by LEVY on my turntable ...


... I'm hearing Walk Among The Cobras ptI by Dan Sartain !!!

Want to know why?

The One Little Indian catalog number of the Walk Among the Cobras ptI 7" is 724tp7 when the Dancefloor 7" by LEVY one is 725tp7. When they pressed the first ENVY records they forget to change the matrix so the first 8-10 (the right number is not known) 7"s were pressed with the Dan Sartain matrix.

The result is a Walk Among the Cobras 7" pressed on grey wax with an alternative cover. The funniest thing is that they scratched the reference number on the vinyl, changing the 724tp7 to 725tp7 ... even if the music is still from Dan Sartain and not Envy.



Thanks to Sandra, Dave and Panos for making that sweet gift to me!
Thanks to Sean for the informations.

3 comments:

  1. As as I'm saying in this article the right number is not known but following my sources, around 8-10 were pressed (maybe a little bit more?).

    ReplyDelete